Blackheads and whiteheads can appear anywhere on the face, chest, back, or even lower! Blackheads occurring on the body are most common in those with genetically oily skin. However, a person using comedogenic or acnegenic lotions or body care products can experience blackheads on the body.
Here are 6 tips to help control and prevent body acne:
- Wear natural fibers, or fabrics specifically engineered to wick moisture away from the skin. This is especially important if you’re working out.
- Experiencing acne where you carry a backpack or purse? Carry a bag with your hands instead.
- Shower as soon as possible after perspiring. If you can’t shower, carry a travel-friendly product containing Salicylic Acid to help purify and clear skin of excess oils.
- Wash the affected areas with a cleanser designed for acne-prone skin.
- After allowing the skin to dry, apply a treatment product containing Benzoyl Peroxide to the affected areas.
- If you often suffer from dry skin, moisturize with a non-comedogenic moisturizer. Excessively dry skin can lead to breakouts.